
Ubisoft and Take-Two are the two latest game companies to withdraw their sales from Russia, as a result of the conflict raging in Ukraine.
"In light of the ongoing tragedy in Ukraine, we have decided to suspend our sales in Russia," reads an update to Ubisoft's announcement on its official website, quoted Wednesday (9/3/2022).
It is not known in more detail what the suspension of sales will be by Ubisoft. But a report from Bloomberg says it's likely they will stop selling physical and digital games.
Meanwhile, quoted from The Verge, Take-Two, stated that it had also temporarily suspended the sale and installation of new games in two countries, namely Russia and Belarus.
These terminations include Take-Two subsidiaries such as 2K Games, developers WWE 2K, NBA 2K, and BioShock; and Rockstar Games, the developers behind the Grand Theft Auto (GTA) series.
Alan Lewis, Vice President of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, Take-Two, told The Verge that they have watched the events in Ukraine with concern and sadness.
"After significant deliberation, last week, we decided to discontinue the new sales, installation and marketing support across all of our labels in Russia and Belarus at this time," Lewis said.
The war in Ukraine has had an impact on many sectors, including the technology and gaming industries.
Previously, EA stopped selling the game and its content in Russia and Belarus, and even pulled the country's national teams and clubs from FIFA and the NHL.
Activision Blizzard also suspended sales of new games on Friday last week, following an announcement from Epic Games that it was taking a similar move just a day later.
CD Projekt Red, the developer of The Witcher series, also said it stopped selling physical and digital games in Russia.
Meanwhile, Nintendo, has reportedly put the Russia eShop in maintenance mode, so players in the country cannot purchase the game from their store.
"Since the payment service used in the Nintendo eShop has suspended the processing of payments in rubles, the Nintendo eShop in Russia has been temporarily placed in maintenance mode," the company wrote.
Sony, on the other hand, as quoted by Eurogamer, has quietly pulled sales of their latest PlayStation game Gran Turismo 7, from sales in Russia. There has been no official statement from the company about this.
เข้าสู่ระบบเพื่อแสดงความคิดเห็น
Log in