1.straight tube and Fixed Tube Sheet: Types BEM, AEM, NEN, etc
This design is the simplest design and most economical in most cases. The tube sheet is welded to the shell and heads are bolts to the tube sheet.
• No ability to absorb thermal expansion between the outer shell and tube bundle
2.Removable Bundle and Externally Sealed Floating Tube sheet: Type AEW, BEW
This design allows for the tube bundle to be removed for inspection and cleaning. With Basco’s OP design, the head can be removed for inspection of the interior of the tubes, without releasing the pressure on the shell side process.
• Coolers with water in tubes
• Jacket water coolers and Oil coolers
3.Removable Bundle, Outside Packed Head:
This design allows for the easy removal, inspection and cleaning of the shell side circuit and shell interior without removing the floating head cover. In most cases, straight tube removable bundles are a more costly design that U-tube designs.
• Good for high fouling fluids in the tube side circuit
4. Removable Bundle, Internal Split Ring Floating Head: Type AES, BES, Etc.
These designs are best for applications when frequent tube bundle removal is necessary. More favourable to thermal shock than AEW or BEW designs. This design is suitable for volatile or toxic fluids.
• Special gas intercoolers and after coolers
5.Removable Bundle, Pull Through Floating Head:
These designs are best for applications when frequent tube bundle removal is necessary as the floating head is bolted directly to the floating tube sheet. This allows the bundle to be pulled complete, with the head.
• General industrial applications requiring frequent cleaning
6.Removable Bundle, U-tube:
This design is best suited for maximum thermal expansion applications. Each tube has the ability to expand and contract independently. This design is suitable for high thermal shock applications. U-tube bundles are very economical.
• Optimal for steam to liquid applications.